Saturday, January 1, 2011

Revamping the Blog

Here's the thing: my philosophy about religion and all metaphysical topics is this....

Experiences are more important than philosophies.

I want to experience life and learn as I go. I don't want to set up another set of maxims for myself just to tear them down later. I don't want to replace religion with evolution or atheism, because it's just another idealogical cage. I want to be free to learn as I go. I want my beliefs to be bound by reason, but fluid in that reason can always overthrow them.

All that to say, I don't want to write a blog about religion and philosophy. I want to live my life.

Occasionally, I will want to sort out ideas of eternal significance. Sometimes, coming from a religious home, I feel like I still have to translate in my own mind: this is what I used to believe - this is what I believe now. It's kind of like learning a second language. It takes a couple years before you can think in French without translating from English in your head.

Similarly, when you accept a certain set of beliefs from birth, it is not easy to stop seeing the world through that lens. It still requires force of mind. This blog has been very helpful for me in organizing some of those thoughts and struggles, but now I want it to take on another purpose.

I would rather blog about my life and passions: crochet, music, fashion, and embracing the poor artist that I have chosen to be.

I think I'll keep the name the same.

-KL

1 comment:

  1. I don't think atheism is a "idealogical cage", I think it just states a disbelief in a god. Similarly, to me evolution is always changing as our understanding of the world around us changes. I fine these ideas liberating, as it will always change with our understanding of the world around me.
    Your Sister :)

    ReplyDelete